Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Post Assignment One

I'm very pleased to be this side of assignment one. I will approach it differently next time. I wrote about a 4000 word essay and spent days trying to cut it down, and i always felt like i was cutting some good relevant stuff!! I think i read too much, but since all these concepts, IL, RBT and ILSC were new to me, i really needed to read a lot and broadly to get my head around it. I don't think i was always reading the most pertinent stuff either, which brought my own IL into question.
I felt very pleased when i hit submit and had my own personal party inside my head that evening!!
As i said in the last blog, my learning curve has been huge! I really had no idea what the TL's role was beyond my experience of the TL at Wheeler Heights Primary school where I went some 30 years ago. I suppose I really had a TL down as a resource manager and a passionate advocate of children's literature within the school community. I totally get the connectivity of the role description of a TL in an ILSC. And the role the TL plays in the teaching team, working collaboratively with all teachers obviously leads to this increased connectivity but also makes the position much more dynamic and interesting and keeps the TL abreast of current thinking in teaching and learning, and helps them remain a good teacher. I didn't realise the massive role that ICT's play in the library today, and if I can get past my own reluctance to embrace this new technology, i can see the realm of possibilities open to the TL today. This also adds to the dynamic nature of the job, by the need for the TL to both keep abreast of and utilizing the full potential of evolving ICT's. New doesn't necessarily mean better, but does it mean more relevant?
I think I'm keeping on top of the workload, just but don't know how you would do 2 subjects and hold down a full time job! Seems like there is a huge expectation re the amount of hours you need to spend reading etc for this course!
I'm having a day off study today and walking on the beach at Byron was glorious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment